The next game update is due December 11th, so Joe’s here to cover some incoming quality-of-life changes. Expect more information about the “appropriately themed” (🎅) update next week. But for now, here’s a summary:
Sword combat changes.
The overall goal of these changes is to make sword combat more fluid. Joe clarifies this is “one step along the path to improving personal combat”.
- Reduced cool-down for missed swings
- Successfully blocking removes your own stun-lock (meaning you can block and move while absorbing hits)
- A brief delay when equipping the sword (brings it in line with gun wielding). Ed: This seems to be related to animation cancelling?
- Directional damage indicator when you’re taking damage
- “Sword trails” on the cutlass so you can better visualise the swings as they’re happening
There’s more combat changes planned in the future.
Other QOL updates
Black Market Archive – Previously available Black Market items will now live in the archive, for a higher price.
Ammo crates – These will now spawn at a normal rate in the world.
Collectors Chests – Can now be sold for gold + rep.
Vomit – Spewsies will not extinguish fire.