Attentive Sea of Thieves watchers will know Rare developer, James “BIGsheep” Thomas, as the man whose belligerence gave us mermaid gems, and who also accidentally confirmed parrots as pets on a live stream that time.
Well, pirates, he’s done it again.
On this week’s weekly stream, James glanced at the chat, and then spilled the beans:
I think the biggest thing we’ve announced that’s coming soon is fire
Andy Preston quickly looked at him, saying “Is that announced yet?” James: “Are you kidding me?” The reactions are priceless.
Look out it's happened again. 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/uJb3z8XeV6
— Sea of News 🏴☠️📜🎣 (@seaofnews) August 20, 2019
Luckily for James, Joe said it’s fine.
— Joe “Three Sheets” Neate (@JoeNeate1) August 20, 2019
We don’t really know the extent of how fire will work in the game, but it’s been a fairly common suggestion. Most players quickly learn that fireplaces and open fires don’t hurt you, or set off powder kegs. Will the upcoming feature simply be a world building enhancement, or a full fleshed out game mechanic? We shall see.
- Tracking the storm in Sea of Thieves
- Ships of Fortune
- Get the Mutinous Fist ship set
- Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps ship set
- Hunter's Haul - Fishing Event
- Chain-shot is coming to Sea of Thieves
- How many people are really playing Sea of Thieves?
- Yes, you can finally change your Pirate in Sea of Thieves!
- Release Notes: 2.0.10