How the game will be updated moving forward
- An acknowledgement that updates have been sporadic since launch.
- Rare wants players to understand the rhythm of updates, so they’ve moving to a cadence of monthly content updates.
- Each update will bring “new voyages”, “new rewards”, “quality of life updates”.
- Any new Tall Tales, updates to Arena, or new mechanics will drop into these monthly releases.
Black Powder Stashes Update
- A new set of voyages which send you to forts to collect kegs and other rewards.
- A ‘lost shipment” of mermaid gems are washing up around the world.
- A range of balancing changes have been made.
- A range of accessibility improvements.
- The next content update will be August 14th, named Dark Relics.
- Rare and Twitch have partnered for an Arena event.
- Ships of Fortune
- Get the Mutinous Fist ship set
- Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps ship set
- Hunter's Haul - Fishing Event
- Chain-shot is coming to Sea of Thieves
- How many people are really playing Sea of Thieves?
- Yes, you can finally change your Pirate in Sea of Thieves!
- Release Notes: 2.0.10
- Dev Update (video)