Joe returns after an E3 break to recap the inclusions and changes in the latest release, reminisce about E3, and look forwards to the next year.
Notes of interest:
- From the latest update:
- Letters of recommendation for Sea Dogs and Hunter’s Call.
- Shores of Gold commendation fixes, and other small Tale Tales tweaks.
- Updated Arena matchmaking after each match.
- Capstan damage no longer drops the anchor – “we’ll see how that plays out in the wild”.
- Some Tall Tales localisation is being worked on for French and German, will be fixed in an upcoming update.
- Notes from E3:
- Joe reconfirmed 8.4 million unique players since launch, and 2M have played since the Anniversary Update.
- The Halo Ship cosmetics were released for players during E3:
- Partnering with 343 was a great experience.
- Rare are working on future cosmetic partnerships, both 1st party and external.
- Joe’s highlight from E3 was meeting people who play Sea of Thieves. If you see the Rare team at events be sure to stop and say hello and share your stories.
- Joe described the E3 Microsoft briefing, and how he feels re-energised with the direction of Xbox Studios and services, and how Sea of Thieves fits into the long term plans.
- Prior to E3, the leadership team presenting their thinking around updating the game moving forward:
- Giving players regular things to look forward to,
- Doing it in a sustainable way for the developers.
- The new cadence will start to roll out over the next couple of months – though they’re not ready to talk specifics yet.
- Hunter's Haul - Fishing Event
- Chain-shot is coming to Sea of Thieves
- How many people are really playing Sea of Thieves?
- Yes, you can finally change your Pirate in Sea of Thieves!
- Release Notes: 2.0.10
- Dev Update (video)
- Golden Skull Sails
- The Twitch Prime Pirate Pack
- Release Notes - 2.0.9
- The Seabound Soul Content Update (video)