Joe ‘The Talent’ Neate is finally back with another dev update. You can watch the whole thing above, but if you’re pressed for time here the notes of interest:
- The Anniversary Updated landed really well – credit to the dev team and Insiders program.
- Some edge-case bugs effecting the completion of some Tales are being worked on.
- A bug that effected a pirate’s features has been fixed; effected users can get support through the normal channels.
- For Arena, a fix will land soon that match-makes into the Tavern, rather than into in-progress matches.
- Rare are aware that some teams are quitting matches early, even though all teams who complete a match get rewards. The dev team are in discussion for the best way to address this.
- The ability to use doubloons to purchase letters of recommendation for the Sea Dogs and Hunter’s Call will be coming soon.
- In the first week from launch, 8.1 million fish have been caught.
- Rare have been working on integrating support form external teams to allow them to upscale their output.
- Rare have allocated a week for the entire company to take art in a creative jam – a way to celebrate creativity across the team.
- The team are now in a new kick-off phase for determining the next steps for Arena and Adventure.
- An ongoing area of focus is also ensuring their team are working on the game in a sustainable way.
- There won’t be any big announcements at E3, but there may be some tease as they move further into developing the next features for the game.
- Ships of Fortune
- Get the Mutinous Fist ship set
- Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps ship set
- Hunter's Haul - Fishing Event
- Chain-shot is coming to Sea of Thieves
- How many people are really playing Sea of Thieves?
- Yes, you can finally change your Pirate in Sea of Thieves!
- Release Notes: 2.0.10
- Dev Update (video)