As part of their stream dedicated to The Arena, Rare dropped this trailer for The Arena. Watch the whole thing above.
Welcome to The Arena.
An all new competitive mode that lets you dive headfirst into the explosive action of Sea of Thieves as you and your crew battle against four other teams of players in pursuit of a glorious victory.
In this frantic new mode the Sea Dogs have created an Arena in which you have to earn as much silver as you can as you fight your way towards the top spot. And in The Arena you’ll have to play smart to best your rivals.
At the beginning of each contest every crew is given the same set of maps that will lead them to the location of buried treasure. But finding the treasure first is only half the battle. You’ll have to get it back to the Sea Dogs ship before you can reap the rewards. So while you *can* slaughter your way to victory, some tactical treasure hunting could prove very profitable.
As you fend off attacks from other players you’d be wise to keep a close eye on your ship too. Grab some planks and get ready to repair as ships can now receive damage to their wheel, capstan, and mast. And if your ship sinks your crew can kiss some of the silver coins goodbye.
Battle hard and overcome your rivals and you’ll grow your reputation with the Sea Dogs. And as you sharpen your skills in The Arena you’ll unlock a whole host of new cosmetics including weapons, items, clothing, and a new ship livery.
So if you’re ready to show the world your best then join us in The Arena: part of the Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update launching April 30th. Cheers!
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Hunter's Call (video)
- All the Arena Streams from TwitchCon
- Mega Update gameplay (video)
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Arena (video)
- Rare invited press to play the Anniversary Update [roundup]
- 6 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Arena PvP Gameplay
- 6 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Tall Tales: Shores of Gold Gameplay
- 7 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Cooking and Fishing Gameplay
- The Story Continues - Joe Neate at EGX (video)
- The Arena will be playable at TwitchCon