Of all the additions coming to the Anniversary Update, The Arena is the one we’ve known about the longest. However, we’ve received very little new information since the new game mode was announced at XO18.
But it looks like that’s about to change.
We know that media will be visiting Rare this week to play The Anniversary update – and we expect to see write-ups about those visits in mid-April.
Additionally, the Sea of Thieves dev team will be streaming The Arena on April 10th, where the team will “share more details, insights and glimpses from behind the scenes”.
Following on the heels that stream, the Sea of Thieves team will be at TwitchCon Europe where The Arena will be playable for attendees.
From April 13th-14th, the crew from Rare will be dropping anchor in Berlin for TwitchCon Europe. We’d love to meet up with as many fellow pirates and streamers as possible, so if you’re heading to the Berlin City Cube be sure to visit stand number F25 to say hello!
There are plenty of reasons to do so, including the chance to meet the dev team (including members of our own weekly stream team), grab some swag and be among the first to watch and play The Arena, the new competitive game mode coming as part of our Anniversary Update on April 30th. So drop by to get yourself a (temporary) Sea of Thieves tattoo and check out our shockingly expensive big screen.
For those who can’t attend you’ll be able to watch the streams on Sea of Thieves’ Mixer and Twitch channels “on the hour, every hour between 12pm and 7pm Central European Time”, with the promise of some “very specials guests”.
More about The Arena:
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Hunter's Call (video)
- All the Arena Streams from TwitchCon
- Mega Update gameplay (video)
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Arena (video)
- Rare invited press to play the Anniversary Update [roundup]
- 6 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Arena PvP Gameplay
- 6 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Tall Tales: Shores of Gold Gameplay
- 7 Minutes of Sea of Thieves Cooking and Fishing Gameplay
- The Story Continues - Joe Neate at EGX (video)
- The Arena will be playable at TwitchCon