In Patch 1.2.5, we see the first of our quality of life improvements to the barrel system. These improvements to empty barrel identification and resource level increases are the first of many improvements we have planned for future updates.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – To reward pirates who keep the skeleton scourge at bay, Doubloons for Cursed Crews Commendations will remain available to earn even after the Cursed Crews Bilge Rat Adventure ends.
- Empty Barrel Tooltip – Barrels now display a tooltip to indicate they are empty. Players will no longer need to interact with a barrel in order to discover there is nothing inside.
- Resource Balancing – Barrels are less likely to be found empty in the world, helping to reducing the time taken to restock ships.
- Quick Menu – The “Equipment” and “Resources” tabs within the Quick Menu have been swapped around as the “Resources” tab is used most commonly and should be the easiest to access.
- Here, Take This… Too! – Players can now give and share treasure items in the same way they give and take cannonballs and bananas! Gunpowder Kegs and the Chest of a Thousand Grogs will still need to be dropped to be exchanged.
- Fixed issue with telescope clipping.
- Caged pigs can now be fed again!
- Bounty Skulls which are washed up on islands can now be picked up.
- The Hunter Jacket and Trousers now display with their correct colours.
- Solo sailor crews can now access Crew Privacy settings.
- Items placed at the bow of the Brigantine can now be picked back up.
- It is no longer possible to be kicked out of the ship’s Cannonball Barrel inventory due to the ship’s movement on the waves.
- Players hit by the Emote Cursed Cannonball will no longer experience the hit animation when the effect wears off.
- It is no longer possible to scroll through the UI on the Ship Selection Menu.
- Shooting a Blunderbuss underwater will now display the correct VFX.
- Get the Mutinous Fist ship set
- Sea of Thieves 2nd Anniversary
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps ship set
- Hunter's Haul - Fishing Event
- Chain-shot is coming to Sea of Thieves
- How many people are really playing Sea of Thieves?
- Yes, you can finally change your Pirate in Sea of Thieves!
- Release Notes: 2.0.10
- Dev Update (video)
- Golden Skull Sails