- Skelly ships were first prototyped in ~2014/2015.
- Performance was a consideration in 2 areas: client performance (your local game app), then as more players and ships were brought into the equation this resulted in server performance issues (latency).
- Original internal play-testing started at about 10fps 😦
- The difficulty was rebalanced quite often during internal feedback sessions.
- There’s a sneaky rowboat tease about 35 seconds in 😉
I love these behind the scenes looks at how the game is developed. They give an interesting insight into the challenges, constraints and solutions that are handled every time a major game feature – or full content update – is developed.
- We'll have to wait a little longer for Pets
- Sea of Thieves announces major "Anniversary Update"
- Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Trailer
- Release Notes - 1.4.5
- Top 10 Sh*t Ideas from the development of Sea of Thieves
- Developer Update
- The Sea of Thieves Insider Program is now live
- A Gold+Rep boost weekend is on the way (updated)
- Release Notes - 1.4.4
- Developer Update (video)