- Skelly ships were first prototyped in ~2014/2015.
- Performance was a consideration in 2 areas: client performance (your local game app), then as more players and ships were brought into the equation this resulted in server performance issues (latency).
- Original internal play-testing started at about 10fps 😦
- The difficulty was rebalanced quite often during internal feedback sessions.
- There’s a sneaky rowboat tease about 35 seconds in 😉
I love these behind the scenes looks at how the game is developed. They give an interesting insight into the challenges, constraints and solutions that are handled every time a major game feature – or full content update – is developed.
- Arena lobby times have been reduced
- Dev Update (video)
- Improvements are coming to riddles
- Anniversary Update!
- Anniversary Update: New Achievements
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: Tall Tales (video)
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Hunter's Call (video)
- All the Arena Streams from TwitchCon
- Mega Update gameplay (video)
- Sea of Thieves Content Update: The Arena (video)