Bilge Rat Adventures – Skeleton Thrones
Do you consider yourself a well travelled Pirate who knows the map of the seas like the back of their hook? Combine this with eagle-eye precision with your cannon skill and you may well earn your crew some fine booty this week!
- Skeleton Thrones Event – The Skeleton Thrones are the latest addition to the world of Sea of Thieves. These thrones require a good sense of discovery to find, and for some an even steadier aim to reach. There are 5 small Thrones and 5 large Thrones, the small requiring just one pirate to sit on, but the larger requiring pirates to be sat on it from more than one crew. Look high, look low, and look within…
- Bilge Rat Progression Screen – Bilge Rats now have their own dedicated progression screen! This information can be found on the front page of the progression screen via the [Menu] (controller) or [Tab] (keyboard) buttons. Chart your progress through the Skeleton Thrones event on this screen, not to mention getting some important clues as to the location of these elusive thrones.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – The Bilge Rats trade in their own currency, they don’t have time for gold or any of that official stuff. Each Commendation in the progress screen details the amount of Bilge Rat Doubloons it unlocks with a total of 100 Doubloons available through the Skeleton Thrones event.
- Bilge Rat Cosmetics – Spend your Bilge Rat Doubloons on exclusive time-limited items too! You have until the 26th of June to purchase the Bone Crusher Hat, Jacket and Dress – priced at 20 Doubloons per item.
- Bilge Rat Trading – If you’re feeling a thirst for a little extra gold in ye’ pocket or fancy some Reputation in any of the three Trading Companies, the Bilge Rats can also pull a few strings and allow you to trade your Doubloons towards a bit of progress. These latter progression items will be a permanent part of the Bilge Rat shop and aren’t time limited, so make your choice wisely!
- Bilge Rat Titles – Completing five of the smaller Skeleton Thrones will unlock a unique Pirate Title, and finding all ten will unlock a unique Pirate Title. These titles will unlock straight into your Vanity Chest for maximum bragging rights.
- Colour Blind Accessibility – Filters can now be applied from within settings to assist with red-green and blue-yellow colourblind pirates.
- Merrick’s Shanty – Merrick’s shanty has been added to the list of playable shanties.
- Sailor Drum – The Sailor Drum has been given to all players. Find it in the second page of your item radial.
- Sailor Speaking Trumpet – The Sailor Speaking Trumpet has been given to all players. Find it in the second page of your item radial.
- Drum selection – Admiral, Bilge Rat, Sea Dog and Sovereign drums have been added to the Equipment Shops on their respective Outposts!
- Speaking trumpet selection – Admiral, Bilge Rat, Sea Dog and Sovereign speaking trumpets have been added to the Equipment Shops on their respective Outposts!
- Rainbow flag – A new flag has been added to all pirates’ flag inventory! Article 1 of the Pirate Code states that, “Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.”
- We figured out the ship cutouts!
- Everything we know about the upcoming Mega Update
- Fan art: check out this incredible pirate diorama
- Developer Update (video)
- Release Notes – 1.4.3
- What's changed since you last played Sea of Thieves?
- Friends Play Free!
- The Cross-Play Opt-Out "Controversy"
- The latest Pirate Times teases a new voyage type
- Developer Update (video)